Earth rods...do i need one?

"seen worse" and "its fine" were the words i hold onto, and no puzzling acronyms.....he did mention replacing the whole box, but, as that would mean canceling food for a couple of months, im not going to i'm only glad he didn't turn it off and say no leccy for you sonny jim...

as an aside i was round the hillbilly plot yesterday. It seems they are getting some electrical work done, since she remarked she got a "tingle" off the kitchen tap. Standing on a damp concrete floor she touched the tap and it made her hand tingle. My reaction was "that seems not good" looking under the sink both hot and cold pipes have a green and yellow striped wire clipped to them and going outside to what seems to be an earth) and the pipes emerge from the wall... how is it even possible that they would carry electricity in theses circumstances?.. anyway their mate sparky was called out and was on the way when i left...

Sponsored Links
Sidecar-jon, Where in Cornwall are you? If your "hillbilly friend" is stuck for incandescent bulbs I have a few spare near Liskeard.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back