Earth to garage?

Sponsored Links
Rocky,

I can see you are located in Essex (dont know what part tho), Could you recomend anyone to check this out for me? Im in Chadwell Heath

Thanks
Paul

Less than one hour away,
unfortunately most people I know do commercial and due to part p req,outside of our company work, we steer clear of domestic work.

I may know someone who could locate the fault for you,and advise on further work.

I think most people on seing the garage board, might not want to get involved though.
Add your E mail adress ,if it is not there to your profile and I will ask about.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

I was just thinking I never did update this thread with the outcome.

In the end I got a sparky to have a look. He did some testing and found that there was a loose/broken connection to one of the sockets that was causing the fault.

With this repaired it all works fine and the RCD has not tripped once.

He also tested the garage circuit, RCD reaction time and the feed that comes from the main house CU.

All was fine, but he did stress that the main feed cable was coming close to the end of its life as it was close to the minimum tolerances, said it may last another couple of years and if the RCD starts to trip then this may be a indication that it is shot. It has been fine tho.

Anyway I would like to thank everyone for their help and advice.

Thanks
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back