Earth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your instruction advise connecting to "earth" without explaining what "earth" is, i.e. Ground.

You'll likely have people search for some dirt (earth) in their box and wondering how to connect to it.

Sponsored Links
Earth means ,
should there be an electrical fault or short circuit then the electricity will not go through you but through the earth wire.
It will then travel down the green and yellow wire to earth/ground thus not killing you.
There is a terminal block/another place where you wire the earth to.
Azee ;)

If the word 'ground' means more to you than the word 'earth', I'd suggest you're looking in the wrong place. There is an 'Electrics outside the UK' forum which might suit you better. If the word 'ground' was used on this forum when refering to a connection to earth connection it would confuse everybody and would be an incorrect term according to our electrical system.

i wasnt going to say anything but i now feel i should.

although what you say is true, the origonal post was posted Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002

it would seem that Azee didnt either notice this or read it, a case "one of those things best left alone"

I also suppose that Azee will not be back, since if that is all he can contribute i am not going to hold my breath waiting for his next post.

it would seem to be a case where by someone finds the forums sees something they know a "little bit about" post and go, never to return.

I only wish people who post read what they are replying to and its date BEFORE replying, as quite often in these cases the information is posted with good intent but quite often irelevant since the origonal poster posted quite some time ago.

Sponsored Links
My first reaction was to assume that one of supersparky's alter-egos had arrived! :LOL:

"you" is a bit like the piece i read in a pc mag/forum about people asking which is the "any key" as in................and press any key

yes i know! it was my idea, then he told bilco and sifi, was going to tell everyone today but the lazy people at screwfix have b*gg*r*d off, so there you go the 3 conspiritors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back