Earth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been doing some work for a lady and she asked me if I could board out a small area of her loft for storage.

Found this just inside loft hatch. Should this earth be attached?

Have told her to get an electrician in to sort out the light.

Attachments

• P1000534.JPG
    P1000534.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 187
  • P1000533.JPG
    P1000533.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 171
  • P1000531.JPG
    P1000531.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 195
Sponsored Links
Probably not.

However, the cable sheath should enter the connector case and be held by the clamp.
Inside there may be a connector for the CPC(earth wire) but, even if there is, it will just be for 'parking' it.

I would be more worried about the scorching on the roof truss at the moment than the earth wire

That's why I suggested she get an electrician in to look at them all. Every room in the house has these lights and all done by previous owner. All covered by two layers of insulation.

The earth question was just me being curious. :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Yea that's the old 'whoops, my holesaw's hit the joist, eh, I'll just ram the fitting up there anyway'

I've seen fittings like this where the guy has just carried on with his holesaw, gone all the way through and taken out 2/3 of the joist. Rough. Just move it over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back