Earthing Light Switch?

I understand how to earth from the back box to the switch but I don't understand how to connect between the earths in the cables to the switch.
Nor, it seems, do you even understand which is the earth wire.
ISTR that you recently claimed that it was never you who was the first one to make this mistake :) It's nice to see some reassurance that you are human, after all!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sorry, is there a point to your post in this thread - it's over a year old?

ISTR that you recently claimed that it was never you who was the first one to make this mistake :)
It wasn't a mistake.
View media item 52640 View media item 52642The 2 with the insulating tape have three wires, red, black and what I assume is an unsleeved neutral. The 2 with connector blocks don't have the neutral wire
Sorry, I'm rather lost. I agree with the comment you made in relation to the piccies+text you've just quoted (wherever they came from) - but why did you not make that comment in whatever thread they came from, rather than doing so in a different year-old thread from the same member? Apart from anything else, without the quote/context, your post yesterday would be totally meaningless to everyone (like me!)!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
H John,
I posted asking for some advice in a different thread. I made a stupid mistake typing the post - mea culpa! :oops: I realised and apologised for the mistake. Ban-all-sheds seems to think I'm guilty of some kind of punishable offence by the tone of his reply in my new thread and by coming here to have another go. If he'd read this thread, I think it would have been clear to him that all I did was make a mistake typing my post.

Hey ho, must be great never to make mistakes! Anyway, I'm very grateful for the help I've received here several times and if the price of a bit of advice is scorn and derision, that's cool :cool:

H John, I posted asking for some advice in a different thread. I made a stupid mistake typing the post - mea culpa! :oops: I realised and apologised for the mistake. Ban-all-sheds seems to think I'm guilty of some kind of punishable offence by the tone of his reply in my new thread and by coming here to have another go. If he'd read this thread, I think it would have been clear to him that all I did was make a mistake typing my post.
Ah well, that's BAS for you!! I still don't really understand why he posted this message in a year-old thread, rather than deal with your 'punishable offence' in the thread it occurred in - it certainly had me confused, and I doubt that I'm the only one!

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear that you've had some useful advice from this forum - and, as you say, the few annoyances one has to contend with are probably a reasonable price to pay for getting such advice!

Kind Regards, John

I posted asking for some advice in a different thread. I made a stupid mistake typing the post - mea culpa! :oops: I realised and apologised for the mistake. Ban-all-sheds seems to think I'm guilty of some kind of punishable offence by the tone of his reply in my new thread and by coming here to have another go. If he'd read this thread, I think it would have been clear to him that all I did was make a mistake typing my post.
Check the times of my posts, and your subsequent clarification/apology....

I posted asking for some advice in a different thread. I made a stupid mistake typing the post - mea culpa! :oops: I realised and apologised for the mistake....
Check the times of my posts, and your subsequent clarification/apology....
It looks as if ceres realised his typo/mistake when you drew his attention to it (if writing just 'Dear God' counts as that), and 19 minutes later (which is quite probably just after he saw your post), acknowledged and apolgised for that error.

If that's the situation, what's the problem - and, in particular, why have you reactivated a year-old thread to comment about it? It all seems pretty odd behaviour, even for you!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back