Ease of Moving Plug Socket

cables buried 50mm or more deep are so rare that when people talk about "buried cables", they almost always mean "<50mm".
True but in the context of this thread, the new cable is going directly backwards to a socket on the other side.

Sponsored Links
True but in the context of this thread, the new cable is going directly backwards to a socket on the other side.
Yes, IF the OP were to use the 'drilling through the buttress' technique, that would be an exception to 'my rule' (that buried cables are nearly always <50mm), and I confess that I hadn't thought of that.

However, given what the OP has now told us (about the fireplace which is going to be installed), it seems fairly likely that the 'through the wall' method will not be practicable - and any other approach would almost certainly involve at least some cable buried <50mm (unless it was on the surface, alone or in trunking/conduit).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back