Best place for behind oven sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Bit of advice please I might be overthinking it maybe I'm right in my worries.

I have 2x 13a appliances, induction hob and a oven, plug and go, they both have 13a plugs.

But I'm unsure where is the best place to locate the socket to plug these into.

Above the oven but under the hob would be perfect for ease of access. (Both are separately isolated by dedicated switch which is further along the wall.) But I'm worried about heat.

To the right is washing machine so I'm not interested in placing on that side of the oven unit.
To the left I have a set of drawers.

There is a perfect gap for the sockets under the induction hob and adove the oven but heat is of concern, or is this not as big a problem.

Many thanks,.
IMG-20230128-WA0000.jpg

Kevin

Sponsored Links
I can't see a problem with the area in green - and as far as heat goes, sockets and cable outlets have been placed behind ovens for decades.

I can't see a problem with the area in green - and as far as heat goes, sockets and cable outlets have been placed behind ovens for decades.
As long as the oven can fit back in the void without pressing against the plugs

Sponsored Links
Neither of the appliances will generate significant enough amounts of heat on the area concerned to affect the plug and socket

I can't see a problem with the area in green
The only problem that might arise is if one of the appliances becomes faulty and it is necessary to fully isolate that appliance to enable an RCD to be reset. Full isolation requires both Live and Neutral to be disconnected.
Both are separately isolated by dedicated switch which is further along the wall.
Does this dedicated switch disconnect both Live and Neutral ? .

Thank you for your kind reassurance regarding heat which was my main concern.
Yes isolation is both sides, n & l and if the worst came to the worst the fuse board is only 10 paces away to shut off everything.

I'll be fitting tomorrow :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back