Easier decking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be laying decking - likely to be good quality softwood but also considering composite. The nominal size is 3m*4m but I'll let my decking and wood choice decide exact dimensions.

One long side is anchored to a wall.

I want the decking to be as close the ground as possible.

I don't want to lay a concrete base - garden drainage is awful so I don't want to add that much impermeable area + the costs are mounting for the garden as a whole.

So...it looks like wooden posts concreted in the ground is the recommended method but I it and wonder if an easier/faster method might be to dig holes down to firm ground, fill with tamped hardcore and then top with cement or a small cement paving slab.

I can then accurately cut short posts to sit on the slabs and support the beams.

What are your thoughts please?

Just to add - I've just had a quick Google and this look handy
adjustable-pedestal-90-150-mm-for-wooden-deck-rinno-plots-P-2301146-4996339_1.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back