Easiest to set alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi what would you recommend for a simple set/unset alarm for my 85 year old mother, it is a simple 2 bed semi over 1 level, but it would need to have it able to communicate to the families smartphones ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most alarms have a “quick set” feature which allows a one button press to set. Then the system could be disarmed by a proximity keyfob which will require the keyfob to tap the keypad to disarm.

Best systems with prox feature are Texecom Premier Elite (With seperate Prox Keypad LCDP or LCDLP - large text display ideal for older people) Or an all in one control panel and keypad - 64-W Live. Then add a SmartCom Wi-Fi or ethernet module to alert others via app push noftications or a simple Speech Dialler which plugs into phone line for custom voice calls to nominated people. (No subscription costs)

Or Pyronix Euro/Enforcer this comes with proximity enabled keypad as standard. Then add a Wifi or GPRS (Sim) communicator for notifications via app (monthly fee applys) or a speech dialler as mentioned above, these units are universial so will go into any alarm system.

Galaxy G2-12 with prox and LCE Ethernet. Full system with sounder, 7ah battery and a couple of pir sensors will come in at £200. Alternatively, swapping the G2 system to the Galaxy Flex with GSM will cost £400.

Sponsored Links
GalaxyGuy, please could you share the details on resetting Galaxy G2-12

I am trying to reset the Engineer and Manger Code

Followed your instructions on removing -ve terminal, powering off and on and attaching +ve and shutting lid before system reboots but unfortunately
the system reboots before the lid is put back and therefore not resetting.

Thanks all for the replies, for some reason I just got a email notification today, will probably look into a basic WiFi system as access is non existent for back door access

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back