Easiest way forward laying Parquet Floors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought reclaimed parquet floor. It is mahogany tongue and groove flooring. I have a 20sq m floor - not sure if it is completely level - that is concrete covered in well stuck down lino tiles.

All the blocks have a sticky thick layer of Bitumen on the bottom of them.

What do I do?

Floating wood floor - Do I have to remove the Bitument to do this? I understand this is a lot of work. Am I limited then to laying the boards straight? What underlay should I use? What is the best way to get rid of the Bitumen if I need to? what underlay should I use?

Stick down floor - Can I stick it straight onto the laminate tiles? Do I have to remove them first? How do I remove them if I need to? What adhesive should I use? Is there an adhesive I can use that works well with the existing Bitumen or does it have to be removed?

I want to use the cheapest most effortless way possible. What is advisable. Please don't say go out and buy new solid wood click action plank flooring!
:eek:

Sponsored Links
nolondoner said:
I want to use the cheapest most effortless way possible. What is advisable. Please don't say go out and buy new solid wood click action plank flooring!
:eek:

Dear nolondoner, we won't say that here, be rest asured, but have you tried a search on this forum on the subject? (reclaimed) parquet flooring has been asked and answered quite a few times the last few weeks.

any remaining questions after that, do come back with them, we're here to help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back