Easiest way to connect up new ufh loop.

Blending valve? Don't they require a cold water feed as well? (Can you link to a suitable type plz)

Anything requiring additional piping or controls would involve disruptive work, so if my plan fails I'm happy to leave as is and resolve it in the future.

Pump is a Grundfos selectric ups 15-50 with 2 double and 5 single rads.

In the meantime, back to the original Q, whats best way (component wise) to tee off and back into the circuit between 2 rads?

Sponsored Links
Lol, you have just thanked one of the most notorious trolls' latest reincarnations. He was barred under his previous login DickPuller. :rolleyes:

Lol, you have just thanked one of the most notorious trolls' latest reincarnations. He was barred under his previous login DickPuller. :rolleyes:

Well he's been informative in this instance. Just as long as he not trying to pull my dick :eek:

The blending valve for UFH blends circuit return water into the flow, lowering the UFH flow temperature without raising the boiler return temperature.

Sponsored Links
How have dick and *******s just got through the swear-a-tron when the other day it censored my shemale :confused:

*edit* Bengas, why can I see your *******s but I can't see my own?? :LOL:

Can the mods enable the right to swear for certain individuals?

only about 3sqm in total

I've seen bigger ufh areas. Why even bother? Just stick a small rad in there.

Pipe already in. Kitchen cabinets all sides so not poss. The pipe only goes under the exposed floor, not under cabs, hence the small area.

Why do replies keep disappearing?

What type of area is it?
A kitchen?

About 9sm in total, about 3sqm that doesn't have cabinets or appliances
(ie: the bit that will get walked on)

The room itself doesn't get that cold, so this is merely to stop the conc from being uncomfortable to walk on.

That didn't answer my question but never mind.
Some modern homes have larders centrally located and no heat emitters fitted.

so this is merely to stop the conc from being uncomfortable to walk on.

If you decide to connect it up direct you might find your feet getting a roasting which I don't think would be that comfortable.The danfoss valve might be a good option.
They recommend a spiral loop or double meander. Just make sure you fit the correct head.

There was a technician/plumber on this forum who had one fitted in his home and had a good word on them.
If you have tiles laid it will be a benefit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back