Eastenders

2scoops0406

Right, I'm not a fan of soaps, but occasionally, I have to sit through one. Has anyone else noticed that Vikki's accent (assumption on the spelling) has slipped from "faux" american to "faux" east end, anyone enlighten me on this one ?..... Not that I actually care much :cool:

Sponsored Links
So.... you're not a fan, but you knew the character's name, and you noticed the accent change, and it bothered you enough to post it on here... :D

What's that phrase? "Methinks the lady doth protest too much..." ;)

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Right, I'm not a fan of soaps, but occasionally, I have to sit through one. Has anyone else noticed that Vikki's accent (assumption on the spelling) has slipped from "faux" american to "faux" east end, anyone enlighten me on this one ?..... Not that I actually care much :cool:
i was more interested in her assets up front that seem to be getting bigger :eek:

I hadn't noticed that... BTW, did anyone notice that her "mother" michelle had extremely short forearms !! no really I don't watch it that often :LOL:

Reminds me of Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Do you know I was in my late 30s before I found out. Did you know, that silly accent that he uses is supposed to be Cockney!

Oh dear, he has got an unfortunate name hasn't he! Simon, what about that one then. D Y K E Abbot.

Anyhow, back to the original question, anyone else noticed? Perhaps I should just go get a life.

TexMex said:
Reminds me of Dick Van **** in Mary Poppins. Do you know I was in my late 30s before I found out. Did you know, that silly accent that he uses is supposed to be Cockney!

Seriously? Nah, he is meant to be a South African with a cleft pallet. Just listen to him.

I once vowed to learn a Canadian accent, then star in a film as an American character. Just to get them back for the D yke Van Dick incident.

I watched Gangs of New York, and was re-educated in my thinking. Now, seeing as I am a quarter Welsh, spend a lot of time with my Welsh grandfather, have a few Welsh colleagues and had lots of Welsh friends at Uni, I assumed that I knew a bit about it. I had always thought "Boyo" was a term used by the Welsh, similar to the English saying "Mate". But I (along with all Welshkind) am incorrect, as the film quite clearly has an Irishman calling people "boyo" all the time.

Thank goodness the studios cleared THAT one up for us! Phew! All we need now is a film about the Welsh where they drink Guinness and say "Ah to be sure"... :LOL:

I just had a thought: is the actress who plays the character in the wheelchair in Eldorado the same as the one in The Office?

Yes she is. Julie Fernandez, 30 years old, from Essex. 4'5" with "fragile bone disease" according to TVTome.

Yes, we noticed. It started off cr@p US accent, then waned, then came back as cr@p EE accent, but now if you close your eyes, she could be Surrey's finest.. "I do believe it will be a wonderful day, today!"

Tex, no!! D y k e? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Good, that's something sorted at least, I can sleep soundly tonight, BTW, make sure you keep use all posted, towards Nov, I'm sure everyones wishing you all the best. I've got three boys, so if you have another boy, I can sympathise !!

Sponsored Links
Back