Easy maintain garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I rent out a house with a big garden that's 60m long by 9m wide (using google maps). Its split into 2, with the first half with a patio, large pond and grass. The second part consists of a greenhouse and loads of raised planters.

The rear part is currently overgrown and I will be cutting this all back, and then removing the raised beds, but wondering what the best thing to do it. I thought of seeding/turfing it or putting weed fabric down and laying bark.

Any ideas? It needs to be easy for tenants to maintain.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have added some pictures I have on my phone and included one of what it looks like underneath all the growth

Attachments

• IMG_2641.JPG
    IMG_2641.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2643.JPG
    IMG_2643.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2647.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2695.JPG
    IMG_2695.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2700.JPG
    IMG_2700.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2815.PNG
    IMG_2815.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
Wait until you find a tennant who will enjoy having and maintaining a garden like that (And tell them they can stay for a few years, so it is worthwhile).

Don't waste money on a rental, if the tenants want a nice garden leave it to them.

Sponsored Links
I would reduce the length by half by putting up a fence and at the new 'end ' of the garden put in a gate to access the other half .
That way you can put down a weed control mat and weigh it down with bark or bricks on the bottom part and leave it alone unless the tenant wants a big garden. Just make sure that no one can lay claim to the unused garden in the far off future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back