Easy way to fix plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is always a difficult, dangerous and stressful task.

I have one other helping me and end up shouting st each other when it isn’t held up properly - not touching all joists or has gaps on side.

I then have the board pressing on my head whilst I try to screw this on.

I only fit the occasional board and don’t want to hire a lift. I always have a helping hand and just need advice on a good technique please

Sponsored Links
Find another helping hand to hold the ruddy stuff in place whilst you screw it up....using bugle head screws if possible.
Never a successful job with it balanced on your head, but we've all done it :eek:
John :)

It’s difficult enough to get my brother. Let alone, another pair of hands...

Can I use timber frames or something screwed to the wall for good effect?

Makes a bit of a job just for a bit of plasterboard but I know exactly what you mean - you could screw a lath to the wall to hold one edge while he holds the other.
Maybe its an idea to reduce the size of the plasterboard to more usable sizes.....it isn't forgiving! Using a Phillips bit in the drill/driver holds the bugle head screws well enough.
Good luck with it!
John :)

Sponsored Links
You can make a couple of props by using a length of 2x1 with about a 12" square plate fitted on top. Measure correctly, they should just jam once nearly vertical

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back