Easyfill limitations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a large wall that I do not particularly want to plaster:
a) it's large and I'm short on time to get house ready.
b) it's straight wall will a fair few pits in it where wall paper has been removed.
c) I aint that good!

Can you mix up a batch of easyfill and just plug the gaps?

I know it's a DIY approach and if it won't look right I'll get it done properly but its a solid staright wall- just a bit scaby in places!

The obvious solution from he pro's is obviously to replaster but

What you reckon?

Sponsored Links
hard to say without seeing it but if it is just pieces of skim that's come away with the wallpaper then yes, easifill is exactly what you want, mix up as much as you need and fill all the patches, keep in mind easifill will only be workable for about 45 mins so don't mix up too much, then just sand it back flat.

You can use easyfil as a hole/gap filler, if the holes are large a tape will need to be placed over it, to add reinforcement.
Deep holes and gaps may need second and a third application of easifil compound.
After each application the surface should be sanded to remove uneven and rough surface.
When the walls are ready to paint, prep the area with a primer or dilute solution of emulsion.

Cheers guys.

No harm in trying it I suppose. Do you just spread it with a plastering trowel and feather the edge with a brush?

Sponsored Links
Re-read the posts and it looks like I just sand it back and not feather with water! Would not really have time anyway if you only get 45 mins

:D

You can apply it, with a trowel or scrapper/broad knife.
Once the compound has dried, this will depend on the depth and area of the repair. It can be sanded down, no need to brush any edges of with water.
I have on the odd occasion used a damp sponge to tidy edges up though, but not a must do.
If the area being repaired is deep, the compound may shrink, so further applications to the area are needed.

sand it back and not feather with water! Would not really have time anyway if you only get 45 mins

:D
got to disagree here sometimes i get called to go onsite and snag on one day i had to snag a hospital corridor where they had ripped the vinal skirting off i had to use easyfill all the way along the bottom and get it ready for the new vinal to go on. To save me having to sand it the next day i sprayed water on it as it was going off and troweled it up, you can trowel it to a finish, it was a long corridor as well done the lot in a morning also i've known of at least one spread to lightly skim a wall with it and sand it down the next day i think he done the whole room actually easyfill is great stuff
ps b4 anyone says he might as well skimmed the wole room i think i said that to him but he said the walls wasent that bad and he decided on that option

Easyfill is easy to use/finish, flexible & very DIY friendly but it’s basically a soft compound filler; unlike plaster, it has no substance or strength. Problem with using/relying on it too much is that it won’t take kindly to being overstressed with fixings/skirting etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back