Easyjet Online Check-In First Timer. Couple Of Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've flown Easyjet many times before, but next month will be our first flight with only hand luggage. So, I believe it will save time and aggro if we check-in online.

How long before the outward flight should you check-in online?

When do you check-in for the return flight, at the same time as checking in for the outward flight? I won't have access to a computer whilst away.

Thanks for any replies (even the sarky ones!).

Sponsored Links
You check in and print your boarding pass at the same time of booking once you have entered your passport details. You also print off your boarding pass for the return journey at the same time - very convenient. The only negative with easyjet is the crowding and rushing for the plane as there is no seat allocation.

I never felt that paying extra for speedy boarding was that successful either as there are so many who pay the extra money now and they all rush forward for the best seats and some must be disappointed.

Thanks Nelsy. I imagined that is how it worked, but wasn't sure.

No, I don't get the speedy boarding thing either. Its less than a 2 hour flight, so does it really matter where you sit. Just avoid the screaming infants and gangs of blokes with identical t-shirts that say 'Wayne's Stag Party' :rolleyes:

However, I was once told that its safer to sit near the rear of the plane. Aeroplanes don't often reverse into mountains! :D

I boarded a Ryanair flight and the stewardess told me I could sit where I like.
I found a lovely seat with plenty of legroom. After about 5 minutes some chap came and asked me to move as this was his seat. I argued that as it's first come first served, he'd be better finding another seat.
He then said " Ok Mate,,,, You fly the bloody aircraft then. " ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
ah yes, but if the engine explodes and bits fly off it, then they're going to hit the rear of the plane if anywhere..
I'd rather be at the front.. at least that way you're dead before you see it coming and not possibly mangled and burned for the rest of your life while you starve to death on a remote mountain somewhere waiting for rescue..

ah yes, but if the engine explodes and bits fly off it, then they're going to hit the rear of the plane if anywhere..
I'd rather be at the front.. at least that way you're dead before you see it coming and not possibly mangled and burned for the rest of your life while you starve to death on a remote mountain somewhere waiting for rescue..
In fairness though Col you would probably take a lot longer to starve to death than the rest of us and ergo increase your chances of rescue?

I am amazed that you should have to ask that question. I watch those progs. about Luton Airport and I guess you're the one of the people who complain and argue about the check in time having passed. Still, some of you do give me a laugh. :LOL:

Question. I've had holidays in warm climates in March but it was all so depressing when I got back. How do you get over it?

However, I was once told that its safer to sit near the rear of the plane. :D

That what it says in the SAS Survival Handbook, in a crash landing the back of the plane can break off, the front end's got all the burning fuel and engines. Then again, it's also where they keep the duty free.
Dilemma?

If flying with easyjet it makes no difference when you check in as the fxxking flights are never on time anyway

I believe there was a formula as to where to sit, if your plane crashed, I think it's 4 rows back from an exit, but before the wings.

In a crash where you can exit, people with issues over legroom etc, occupy where the door is, and can't open the door, and people behind panic, but behind the 4th row, you get a queue.

Anything beyond the 5th row, people dismiss the aisle, and crawl over the seats.

I can't believe that single persons have survived plane crashes, they must think they are immortal? I wonder what the death rate is on people that believe they are immortal after a plane crash? I would.

I jumped out of a plane (with a parachute), because I had a fixed 'death by' date in my head..and I was the first to jump, so no fear. The death by date came and passed..and I'm still here. It annoys me when people say they did a parachute jump, in tandem, no you didn't. It's like saying you drove a car, but the instructor pressed the pedals. You experienced it, but didn't do it.

I normally check in about three days before the flight for both inward and outward flights.
Then print both inward and outward boarding cards off.
If the missus is going with you, remind her that the contents of her handbag and the handbag too, should be placed inside the bag being used as hand luggage and make-up and smelly stuff etc... should be inside plastic bags that can be zipped or sealed.
When going through security.

I think what you can take on board should be based on your weight. Obviously a big person takes more fuel to fly them around than a little person. So, you should be weighed with your luggage and charged accordingly. Why should little people subsidise big people?

What they should do is ban fat people from traveling, unless they walked, run, cycled, hopped, skipped, jumped etc... to their desired destination. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back