Eaton RCBO's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know if it's OK to trim the Pigtail N on an Eaton RCBO, I know some manufacturers advise against it, but the MIs do not mention it either way, in fact, they mention very little.

Sponsored Links
AFAIK it's the normal thing to do. The N lead is very big and heavy on the higher ratings (e.g. 63A and spare pods) and won't coil up neatly inside the enclosure. Leave it slack though, not tight. The only downside is if you later need to move the devices around and crimp on a bit extra.

The white functional earth you don't need to cut as it is so easy to wind it into a neat hank.

I might look for an illustration in the catalogue some time, I bet they make it look neat.

Thanks will go ahead and cut then as a pre populated RCBO board is already pretty full before even bringing the first cable through. Will leave a couple of inches for peace of mind.

The Eaton RCBOs do not have a FE. Watched a video on their website where they claimed FE to be more of a concern to them than a useful too. Something to do with the added termination of the FE is another possibility for failure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back