Eaves storage advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to the forum and looking for a little advice/inspiration :)

I have a loft room which has open eaves and obviously the area seems a little wasted. I'm looking at putting a stud wall in from Purlin down to floor joist, plasterboarding over, with three doors over.
My issues are that I'd really like the doors to be flush with the wall, preferably with no door furniture (so probably using one of those push spring latches that I don't know the name of :))
I haven't worked with plasterboard much, how do I get a nice finish from plasterboard to door?
The eaves area is insulated but I'll be putting extra into the stud wall, is there an easy/neat way to insulate the door too?

Any help/tips/advice is very much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
I would board over your stud work and plaster, then fit doors to suit openings

Drill hinges in stud work. You are going to be restricted on hinge choice as the holes need to be drilled into the wood and not the board.

You may need to trim/line out the openings with some wood (match board/plywood) before hanging doors to get a solid fix if you use normal generic door hinges.

Kitchen cupboard style hinges may be an option as the holes are usually futher back and they pull the door away from the frame as they open outwards and have great adjustemnt to make the gaps/flushness. You then wont have the need for lining out the openeings.

And then you'll need to have adjutsable stops/spring cathces inside the door on perhaps an inch batton top and bottom so that you can adjust to get a flat/flush shut line also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back