Eaves trays and first battens

I'm sorry, there is a little batten, but only because the fascia I have turned out to be too short to support the tile in the correct place. I accept that this isn't the correct way of doing it but I have to work with what I've got - but promise I won't do it again!

I tried to find someone local who could have supplied a tilting fillet but couldn't - this would have been perfect but to far from me:

Screenshot_20210404-111813.png

If I see a batten at the bottom of that roof again, I'm leaving the thread!

I think I'd better start a new thread for my other roofing questions.......

Sponsored Links
I'll be in berry's in the morning! how many do you need?
Unfortunately I won't be going anywhere near Oldham :(

Sponsored Links
When the tiles are sat on the fascia, as opposed to a tilt fillet, what happens when you need to replace the fascia?

This is why those thick plastic fascia's are shiite.

Fit a timber fascia/backing board that is set at the height to support the first tile at the correct angle. Then fit the plastic fascia capping. This way, in future years when the fascia need replacing, then tiles are magically still held up by the timber backing board.

But in your case .....

foto_no_exif (19).jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back