Eaves - where exactly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still mulling over a DIY loft conversion. Getting my head round the idea. So PD states, no more than 50m cube of space added and dorma must be set 200mm back from eaves.

So where exactly are the eaves? The bit of facia the gutter is attached to? The wall of the house? Every picture I’ve seen just has the whole cross section listed as eaves then lists the component parts (rafters,facia,soffit etc)

plus I’m guessing the 200mm back applies to the finished tile/cladding of the dorma.

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing your house is semi detached or detached since you are allowed 50m3

But the 50m3 includes the added additional roof volume from a hip to gable conversion and not just the dormer. Does it already have a gable end?

For PD and dormers is the edge of the roof covering over the gutter

I'm guessing your house is semi detached or detached since you are allowed 50m3

But the 50m3 includes the added additional roof volume from a hip to gable conversion and not just the dormer. Does it already have a gable end?
I think I’ve not explained myself properly. I have a gable one end and a hip the other. I will be leaving both as they are. Just loft converting. So the dormer will be well under 50m3

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back