ebac 2850 dehumidifier- no water collected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My first post so I hope that I have put it in the right place.
My parents have asked me to look at their dehumidifier, an ebac 2850e. This has never collected any water from new and now is about 3 years old. I have tried the ebac diagnostics and drawn a blank. Have read elsewhere that this series of dehumidifiers had pcb problems. Has any one got any advice on how I can pinpoint the problem?

thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
Looks fairly similar to my parents one, discovered on theirs when they found it to be useless and no where near as good as their previous was that removing the filter from the back made it work. After testing the filter material was replaced with an alternative to stop things getting sucked in and as far as i know its still running happily.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your responses. When I took the case off I realised that there was a wire that had come adrift from the compressor controlller. Looked like it had never been fitted! I made the connection and hey presto! Wish all repairs were as simple as this.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back