Ebay purchasing on tablet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is software or hardware or both. I have 2 tablets, an old Android one that I keep for backup and a Fire tablet which I use alot. Up until about a year ago I used to be able to pay for Ebay items on my tablets, then they started to refuse payments. Ebay said it was Paypal at fault something to do with algorithms. I had tried again a few times since the problem started but no luck, still refused payments. A few weeks ago I was on my Windows 10 desktop pc, which I do not use very often, and tried a low price test purchase on Ebay and it went through! Since then I have purchased about 4 items from them on my pc and they all go through ok, tried one on my Fire tablet, payment refused again. Why should this happen. I have loads of stuff off Amazon and other shopping sites ordered on my tablet with no problem. Why should only Ebay be the one to refuse payments. I have used both tablets to purchase from other sites, as I said with no problem.

Sponsored Links
They did change their ways recently to insist on a bank account tied to ebay, rather than only through PayPal. Connected?

They have the bank account no saved I have never had a Paypal account, I just pay as a guest. That would not affect the problem though which is I can buy on my desktop pc but not on my tablets. Thanks for reply.

I'd guess the Ebay security software checks for a recently updated operating system.

Sponsored Links
Yes I suppose it must be something to do with that. On some forums, mainly U.S ones, alot of people seem to have similar problems with Ebay payments. Thanks.

Back