ebay

S

Sombrero

just randomly surfing ebay (is that the right terminology?), and seen a decimal 1p coin for sale for 1p, with free P&P - the description says "it might not be as shiny at the one in the photo"! - and it has 1 bid on it !!!!!

Now after the listing fee, and the fee paypal charges, and the true cost of posting it out... what the f***'s that all about?

Sponsored Links
You think that`s daft - look on ebay for Lewes Pound :LOL: or what they`re asking for old pre decimal pennies - used by geeks like me with slot machines ;)

You think that`s daft - look on ebay for Lewes Pound

They thought I mean't Lewis as in 'John Lewis' so I looked that that search too.

Basically, a load of people on there selling John Lewis vouchers. £100 of vouchers are going for around £90/95 + postage. That's a 5% discount on the cash value.

To me, that seems like far too much to pay for a voucher you can only spend in one place, which might become worthless if JL goes bust, might be lost in the post, might be a forgery, might not actually exist, and you have to go through all the hassle of buying on an auction site.

Not sure how much I'd pitch in, probably £70 at max. But if paypal didn't cover these vouchers as part of their guarantee, not even that.

Sponsored Links
just randomly surfing ebay (is that the right terminology?), and seen a decimal 1p coin for sale for 1p, with free P&P - the description says "it might not be as shiny at the one in the photo"! - and it has 1 bid on it !!!!!

Now after the listing fee, and the fee paypal charges, and the true cost of posting it out... what the f***'s that all about?

This is a new user that want's feedback scores as soon as possible. People will use the service to also boost their own scores.

I was looking for some argos vouchers a while ago...a £20 voucher ended up for sale at over £20 ??????? I think peeps think its actually winning it that counts :eek: :eek:

Back