Economics of the mad house!

Sponsored Links
Don't worry. Hard Brexit coming, EU collapses, Spain goes completely tits up and I buy a bigger shack in the sun for £3.40 like the old days. (y)

I don't feel selfish :cautious:

Sponsored Links
So how do people pay for these manufactured goods? Working at Sports Direct? :p

Those people work damn hard for minimum wage. Many do that rather than take full benefits. Feel free to take the pish johnny big bolox :p

Last edited:
Didnt Juncker do a great deal getting Amazon to set up in Luxembourg. Yup great sweetheart deal.
I think the likes of Amazon get a great deal wherever they go. At least the EU has (and has implemented) the clout to come down on these corporate heavyweights.
Blighty will be looking to become the next Luxembourg no doubt.

Those people work damn hard for minimum wage. Many do that rather than take full benefits. Feel free to take the pish johnny big bolox :p

So which part of the service sector employs lots of people on good wages, not just minimum wage ?

Good wages for a lot of people helps the economy.

Whilst many sections employ lots on poor wages, that just means the tax payer supports the company to make bigger profits for the few. And costs us all.

But of course you knew that.

Good wages for a lot of people helps the economy.

Er not as simple as that: higher skills, or higher productivity helps the economy.

If a worker gets paid more at the same rate of work, that increases cost of goods or services. Potentially higher wages at worker level could be offset by lower profits or earnings of business owners.

You could argue that a coffee shop worker should get paid more, in which case that may mean higher cost of a cup of coffee -wealthy customers would just pay more, poorer customers may have less coffee.

The arguments for and against high minimum wages or a high living wages arent as straightforward as saying everybody should be paid a fair living wage, lets go make a law......

Er not as simple as that: higher skills, or higher productivity helps the economy.

If a worker gets paid more at the same rate of work, that increases cost of goods or services. Potentially higher wages at worker level could be offset by lower profits or earnings of business owners.

You could argue that a coffee shop worker should get paid more, in which case that may mean higher cost of a cup of coffee -wealthy customers would just pay more, poorer customers may have less coffee.

The arguments for and against high minimum wages or a high living wages arent as straightforward as saying everybody should be paid a fair living wage, lets go make a law......

Correct, it is not as simple as that. Is that what I said? Err no.

Do you think it is right for people to be employed full time, either in 1 or multiple jobs and still need benefits to live? Whilst their employers make big profits, the tax payer subsidises?

Sponsored Links
Back