Economy 10 Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Could someone answer a quick question for me...

I am currently on Economy 7 heating ie my storage heaters switch on automatically during the night and store heat at the off peak rate.

Does anyone know if the same happens on an Economy 10 tariff.

I am led to believe you get three bursts of off peak heating during the 24hr day but I am getting conflicting reports that Economy 10 does not automatically switch your storage heaters on and off again and it is better suited for " wet electric heating"

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Economy 10 does two or three 'bursts', the timing depending on your supplier.

We have had it installed a few times in flats for electric wet underfloor heating, and in these cases it is best to not have it switch the load on and off itself as you may want the 'boiler' running between these times.

Depending on the meter, they do have a facility to switch your off peak load. When you request econ10, most suppliers will assume you do not want off peak loads switched and may not allow for it. you need to ask.

Indeed you are correct.
Economy10 was brought out to suit the needs of wet electric heating.

IIRC it gives you an extra three hours of cheaper rate lekky in the afternoon. E10 is not available in all regions.
A different meter is needed to Economy 7.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back