Economy 7 Hot water pressure very poor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got an Economy 7 Hot water tank, the one with the cold tank directly on top of the Hot water bit. What do I need to change this system to to get better hot water pressure??? It's got two immersion elements in it currently but want to know what my options are please. Help!

Sponsored Links
change the cylinder and have a loft feeder tank, or have a high pressure hot water cylinder such as a megaflo. latter will give you a better result but more expensive.

Raise the cylinder. Is there a loft above? Some strengthening work may be needed.

Is the cold tank seperate from the hot water cylinder, or is it part of it? If the cold tank is separate but not feasible to raise the cold tank at least 1 metre higher than the cylinder then pumped hot water might be an option.

Sponsored Links
Is the cold tank seperate from the hot water cylinder,
the one with the cold tank directly on top of the Hot water bit.

I know what my money's on:
m0fX_j7ZDD5dtReAoxO9s7Q.jpg

Yeah, reading it again, sounds like you're right Charnwood, probably is a combination cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back