economy 7 mains pressure hot water system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Has anyone any experience of, or thoughts on, ways of getting mains pressure hot water using an Economy 7 immersion heater?

For instance, Dedicated Pressure Systems Ltd (www.heatweb.com) have a system where the DHW cylinder is filled once only. When a tap is turned on, the hot water is passed through a heat exchanger where the mains water is heated and sent to the draw-off point.

It seems a good idea to me, No tank in the loft; no hard water corrosion of the immersion heater elements and no overflow tundish, for starters.

I think there may be another, similar, system around but I can't recall it at the moment. Any comments, anyone, please?

Sponsored Links
This system is known as a thermal store or heat store. If you do a search you'll find lots of stuff, especially on the screwfix forum where those for and against thermal stores slug it out ad nauseam.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that Screwfix had a forum but I'll certainly search it now..

Have a very good festive season.

Bludger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back