economy 7 meter wiring

Hi there, i have the same problem, i have the same economy 7 meter installed, do i just need to find storage heaters with timers or is there something i can do at the board, ie a timer.

I only have 3 heaters and they are from the same board, hope this helps, any help would be appreciated,

Regards
Start your own thread.

Sponsored Links
Just had a look at the picture....what you have there is a 4-terminal multi-rate meter. It gives normal/low reads as per E7, but only has one live out...hence the consumer unit tails being put into blocks.

So, at the moment your storage heaters are energised 24/7!!

What you need is to get the supplier to fit a 5-terminal multi-rate meter, the fifth terminal being the switched live for the storage heater consumer unit. Whoever did the original job should have fitted one if he/she knew that the house was getting storage heaters installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back