economy seven water heating-only luke warm even after boost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,

I am hoping someone can help me out here. I have an old flat with economy seven heating. Last year I had to get rid of the storage heaters and replace with 'on demand' heating panel heaters. The panel heaters are fine. The water however, is only luke warm at best in the mornings in both the sink and the shower and in the evening after using the boost button for 45 minutes, there is still not enough hot water for a bath. In fact the boost button only gets water luke warm still. An electrician and plumber has changed the element in the water cylinder and ensured that it is turned up to the maximum 60degree setting. They have also changed the Horstman timer on the wall. they are now at a loss to determine what the problem is. This is causing me no end of stress and I just hope someone can help me out here. I have spoken with several other elctricians and plumbers and it just sounds like they are going to rip me off. One even suggested a £5k complete heating overhaul !

Sponsored Links
Using on peak electric radiators is a very expensive way to heat your flat!

Obviously there is something wrong with the water heating.

I note you have called electricians. Many are nor very conversant with your type of installation andgenerally I would advise you to call a heating engineer!

These problems are solved by visiting and testing and not by guessing on the internet.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back