Ecotec 637 Plus always "on"/showing heat demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Ecotec 637 has recently started being "on" the whole time, even when there is no demand for heat. It thinks there is (the radiator symbol is constantly on), and so is maintaining the system to temperature.

The heating & hw system (honeywell evohome) isn't calling for heat, and it still continues to run even when both systems are set to "off".

I have checked the wiring and see no signs of loose/crossed/shorted wires.

Is this an electronic fault with the boiler? Any other thoughts before I get an engineer out?

Thanks

Tom

Sponsored Links
Link wire is option number one.

When you say the controls are off, are you sure the boiler relay is off?

How is Evohome configured? Who configured it? And when was it set up?

Hi

Thanks for this. In looking to answer your questions (checking the signal from the boiler relay etc) I eventually diagnosed the CH motorised valve. It was sending a live signal to the boiler when the controller wasn't calling for it. There was some debris in the microswitch which I cleaned out and that seems to have fixed it. However now the valve itself doesn't seem to be closing (this may or may not have been the case before I took it off to check it).

Either way, the problem is solved for now (I have the towel rail on while the hot water is on) and I'll replace the valve head and should be fully back in business.

Thanks!

Tom

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back