ecoTEC pro 28 - Switches on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope that i have put this in the right section of the forum as this is my first time here so i am a virgin so please be careful with me :LOL:

I have a Valiant ecoTec pro 28 but some times the heating comes on even though i have the program on the wireless room stat programmed off. It can happen at any time of the day or night. This could happen a couple of times during the month and i don't know why it is coming on.

Has anyone heard of this type of problem before.

Sponsored Links
it could be your diverter passing to heating when in hot water pre heat.

You could turn the pre heat off, but if I'm right then you will have to change the diverter.

To test, turn your pre heat off and see if the problem stops.

What stat have you got?

You could turn the pre heat off, but if I'm right then you will have to change the diverter.

What stat have you got?

Thank you for your reply. I will check the stat when i get home this afternoon.

Do you know how i turn off the pre heat :oops:

I think that all you do is to turn the hot water knob to minimum for a couple of seconds then back up to your normal setting.

To turn it on again turn up to maximum for a couple of secs then back to the usual position.

Of course this assumes that you do not run it with all knobs at maximum as most tenants like to do.

Tony

Sponsored Links

What stat have you got?

Thank you for your reply. I will check the stat when i get home this afternoon.

Do you know how i turn off the pre heat :oops:

The wireless stat I have is a Salus model RT500 RF

I think that all you do is to turn the hot water knob to minimum for a couple of seconds then back up to your normal setting.

To turn it on again turn up to maximum for a couple of secs then back to the usual position.

Of course this assumes that you do not run it with all knobs at maximum as most tenants like to do.

Tony

I must be going mad I cannot find a hot water tap oh matron :LOL:

Hot water taps are normally fitted to basins, baths and kitchen sinks!

The Salus stats are wel known for causing nuissance firing.

Look in the manual or down load it for the stat and check the dip switches have been set.

Hot water taps are normally fitted to basins, baths and kitchen sinks!

i thought you meant in the boiler I was looking in the bolier as i downloaded information on the Ecotec boiler and they had diagrams on dials within/on the boiler

The Salus stats are wel known for causing nuissance firing.

Look in the manual or down load it for the stat and check the dip switches have been set.

Thank you there are dip switches on the back and i will have a look when i get home

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back