Ecotec pro connection pipe leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just moved into a house which has a 5year old ecotec pro 28.

In preparation for fitting trvs on the rads, i have introduced fernox f3 into the system about 2 weeks ago.

Have just come to fit the trvs, and upon refilling the system am getting f75 fault on the boiler.

The water pressur sensor is the old pinky/orange one, so i will replace with the new part (the current one looks like it is full of charcoal).

In addition there are some connection pipes inside the boiler that are leaking. They are copper pipes with a rubber section. The rubber section is leaking and when i squeeze it it feels like its full of grit.

I understand there is a relacement part (p/n 0020068958) for these connection pipes that does away with the rubber section.

My question is does anyone have any instructions/general advice for fitting the replacement connection pipes as looking at the current one it looks fairly inaccessible and there isnt an obvious way to disconnect the end that joins the black plastic section to the left of the combustion chamber.

Failing that, does any have advice for cleaning out the rubber section and resealing it? The clips look fairly bepoke....

Many thanks
Russ

Sponsored Links
Hi,

In addition the CH isolation valves are very stiif and i cant seemd to fully close them without risk of stripping the slot on the screwhead.

Is there are tool other than a screwdriver i should be using?

Is it ok to spray them with WD40 to try to loosen them up a bit?

The slot is there to show which way round the valve is. Turn them with a 4mm allen key.

Follow the instructions in the FAQ and then repressurise the expansion vessel in your boiler. That helps to abate the F75 fault.

You could also remove and clean the pink sensor inlet tube. Also the canoe filter if you like a chalenge!

Strictly you should NOT be removing the front cover of your boiler as a DIYer because its the outer sealed cover of the combustion chamber!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much both of you for the advice, i did try cleaning out the old sensor, but it still registered .4 bar when the system was empty so i think its shot.

Having googled some more i suspect i may need the pricey f75 service kit p/n 0020023721, as I have 14 rads on the system.

Any advice on wether this is worth it, or should i just get the sensor and a few jubilee clips to solve the currently leaking rubber hose connections?

Get the hose repair kit which comes with jubilee clips , or pay a bit more and get the copper tails.

The F75 kit replaces the pipe from the pump to the heat exchanger and includes the sensor, may as well change the other at the same time as it makes access easier.
As has been mentioned, you shouldn't work on the boiler if you cannot carry out checks to prove the combustion chamber is re sealed correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back