Ecotec Pro query. (not a problem I hope).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just upgraded from a Vaillant Turbomax to an Ecotec Pro 28 condensing boiler.
I am wondering why the boiler becomes active for a short time when I run a cold tap.
It does not fire up but a pump or something runs for about 10-15secs when the cold tap is shut off.
Is this normal?
Running a cold tap had no effect at all with the Turbomax.

Sponsored Links
What does your gas registered installer say about it?

Tony

as its got absolutely nothing to do with the gas he's probably not asked.

more modern flow sensor in the new boiler is probably being activated by a dead leg somewhere.

if you press the i button when it happens what number does the s code say....S--

A customer can expect the installer to ensure any appliance he fits operates correctly without any problems like this.

If its air in a deadleg then it will probably go away after a few days.

If not the installer will have to take the usual modifications.

Tony

Sponsored Links
fitting a check valve on the cold main supply to the boiler quite often cures it or you can set d88 to 1 using the boiler interface.

Hi folks, thanks for the replies.

The RH light (green) comes on briefly and the code I get is s17 = pump overrun.
I understand the green light is for "warm start" which I have turned off.
I have not asked the fitter, can't find his phone number at moment.
It was a British Gas installation so I can ask them if needs be, thought I might get a quick answer here.

It was a British Gas installation so I can ask them if needs be, thought I might get a quick answer here.

in that case call them back, it is likely they have left a dead leg somewhere.

Found the cause, I thought I had opened all the taps "to let out trapped air"
but had missed one hot tap. Opened it and let it expel air/water now all is fine.

can i ask how much they (over)charged you?

Two arms and two legs I think :(
£3200 for just boiler, flue and magnetic filter installation, including two years free servicing.

I discovered, belatedly, an internet article about BG overcharging, ah well you can't win em all. :oops:

Found the cause, I thought I had opened all the taps "to let out trapped air"
but had missed one hot tap. Opened it and let it expel air/water now all is fine.

can i ask how much they (over)charged you?

Two arms and two legs I think :(
£3200 for just boiler, flue and magnetic filter installation, including two years free servicing.

I discovered, belatedly, an internet article about BG overcharging, ah well you can't win em all. :oops:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 3200! They seen you coming; that should cost no more than 2000. :rolleyes:

British Gasp! (what customers do when getting estimate/robbed). :D

It`s in the Dictionary!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back