Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 Condensate Connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28. What connector should be used to join the boiler condensate drain from the bottom of the boiler to 21.5mm plastic overflow pipe?

A 21.5mm straight connector is too big.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
They are most often joined by starting with a short section of flexible pipe with a rubber push on connector on each end.

Why do you come to want to do that with an already installed boiler?

Tony

Thanks Tony

I've just moved into a property and while I was using the filling loop I noticed the overflow pipe connection was loose. It looks to me like someone has used 21.5mm overflow pipe coming into the property, used a 90 degree angle to get the overflow pipe under the condensate drain outlet, onto a vertical piece of condensate pipe then connected a 21.5mm straight coupler in a loose fit to the overflow outlet.

It's pushfit, so I don't mind having a go at replacing it. Would you be able to give me a part name/link to the rubber connector and pipe please?

standard 1/2" over flow then try go for 40mm unless you can run it internal
if external i would use push fit over solvent weld just incase it freezes

Sponsored Links
The ready made flexible is used/supplied with many boilers.

But a rubber connector alone is also very rarely found although I have seen them in one B&Q warehouse somewhere.

However, its normally adequate to use a push on or solvent weld and just push it up so it becomes an only slightly sealed push on connector. If its not very tight then a small amount of silicone around the edge of the joint when its assembled will seal it.

Tony

If the condense pipe is fixed properly so as it won't slip down off the condense outlet spigot then leave it as it is , the installer may have istalled the condense pipe loose in the spigot to allow for an 'air break' , this eliminates any condense waste backing up into Hex if drain point downstream becomes blocked/frozen , i've installed like this many times.

Not all overflow pipe will fit over condense outlet and a coupling is fine to use. (air break).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back