Boiler queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am getting a boiler fitted and got some questions.

1. The condense connection is a bit difficult due to the position of the boiler, the only option seems to be a condense pump. I will run most of the condense inside the house, will this all have to be in 21.5mm overflow until I reach the outside which I will go 32/40mm, or does some of the pipe run inside have to be a larger diameter, the run will be over 3M. the pumping height is about 1.8M.

2. Does the Vailent Ecotec 28 Pro come with a built in filling loop or am I best fitting one externernally to the flow?

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The RGI installing your boiler should be able to answer these questions for you. Have you asked him/her?

Thanks. I havent asked yet, just wanted to find out the details. The Vailant condensate pump has its own discharge hose, any ideas what size this could be, the instruction manual doest say but it looks to be more flexible than your regular overflow pipe, i suspect it may be narrow too for the pump to be more effective.

Having a Vaillant boiler doesn't mean you're restricted to a vaillant condense pump. Google around, you'll find pumps with different specs which should match and allay your fears.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dextrous. My RGI will be supplying the pump and it was just that its not bad value and hopefully be reliable. I suppose the electrical connection to the boiler will be the same i.e for the electrical safety cutouts etc...

Any suggestions? Also found out the discharge pipe is 10mm hopefully I can find a adapter to fit to a 32mm waste?

Hello,

I will run most of the condense inside the house
Does the Vailent Ecotec 28 Pro come with a built in filling loop or am I best fitting one externernally to the flow?

Any suggestions? Also found out the discharge pipe is 10mm hopefully I can find a adapter to fit to a 32mm waste?

Many Thanks.

Who is fitting the boiler :?:

Hello,

I will run most of the condense inside the house
Does the Vailent Ecotec 28 Pro come with a built in filling loop or am I best fitting one externernally to the flow?

Many Thanks.

Who is fitting the boiler :?:

Will be fitted by an RGI, why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back