ecotec pump issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an ecotec plus 831 combi boiler - about 5 years old I think - that has developed a nasty clunking noise either when the on demand hot water is on or at other random times (CH is fully off at the moment) which I think is when it's keeping the temp constant.

Before I start dismantling the pump (have read faq 9,14 & 20) just wanted to check that it sound like it is the pump?

The noise comes from around the area where the pump is and is a clunking and gritty noise - like pouring sugar I guess. Does this sound like I've got crud in there? How would it get there?

Another issue which may be connected is that the 1st floor bathroom basin hot tap doesn't work properly. Hot water comes out for a bit and then stops completely. The shower and bath tap both work ok.

I also have had a couple of F.75 errors and can see that the pressure has dropped below 1.6 (checked with the digital readout). Filling it up with water seems to sort that out. So far work I have carried out:
In Dec 08 replaced the sensor
in Feb 09 replaced the valve in the evx
in Oct 09 replaced some radiator valves so drained and added inhibitor then. The radiator that I replaced the valves on is a little rusty from where the old valves leaked but I thought draining the system should have got rid of any crud?

Am going to check the pressue of the evx later also.

Thanks for any tips

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back