EDF are French owned - is this charge in Euros

Hey Moz, that's what I said low P, the guy said he worked 'live' unless it was higher pressure .. I watched him do it ! and took pictures .. but not of him working, he did not follow safety procedures ... clothing, mask, fire extinguisher etc etc. Just a pair of jeans, wellies and a tee shirt... never even wore his spurs - said he hadn't earned them yet, when I asked !!! ooooer !

Why mole ? here lies my pipe, steel with plastic shoved up it !!
UpYerPipe.JPG

BTW.. that yellow coated steel pipe had been there 38 yrs !!
:D

Sponsored Links
empip
thats called "dead insertation ".........where the old pipe acts as a sleeve

in fact they do live insertations where they have a hole at the bottom of the street an one at top an winch the new gas main thru the live gas pipe ...they then contact everyone that the gas is going off an chop the old main out ..lol , dig down on all service links an reconnect to the now live gas main the old cast one ... lol

if it was lead pipe ,hole at main an other near property , they hammer the plastic to one end of the lead an then drag the lead out at the other pulling the new pipe behind ,

Sponsored Links
Hello again !
I called EDF just now and they said I can't excavate myself or get a labourer to do it for health and safety reasons ! (I guess us dumbos might put the spade through the armoured cable even tho we're looking for it ).
So I'm stuck with the robbery rate. I asked about alternative contractors but they only deal with big jobs!
It's hard to swallow but here goes ...
Thanks for your comments..
Peter

Back