Egger flooring anyone used ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at buying 8mm laminate from homebase, it has unifit system - whatever that is.
Looks interesting with a red plastic strip on the short end.

Has anyone used this flooring - reviews.

Sponsored Links
It’s ok. Stopped selling it this year as my laminate fitter hates fitting it.
We sell quickstep , Haro and elka now.

Also whilst I have an expert, its been a few years since I layed laminate and i now see you can get 5mm foam underlay sheets and I don't have any experience with the foam sheets - only the green fibre boards. It will be for a bedroom over "not perfect" floorboards. Any views on that.

Sponsored Links
On the EGGER , sometimes it doesn’t click in correctly so there is messing about. Something you had to get it with a mallet. I’ve fitted a few and I found it ok.

not a fan of fibre board or XPS boards or foam. All rubbish imo.

we use 2 underlays only. The best Timbermate excel 3.6mm or serenity silver 3mm.

if your floorboards are high / low best to fix them. Sand down or build up.

Yeh I layed 45sqm of engineered oak flooring all of downstairs onto of duralay, nothing but the best for real oak but thought I could get away with something else. I have always used fibre board and it was 7mm the last time I used it. Have no problems with doing its job its just messy to work with.
The foam interested me because it was lightweight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back