Who makes B&Q Good home laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking at Egger flooring in Homebase - made in Germany and I see the B and Q Good Home brand is also made in germany, they both use the same plastic strip locking on the short end but some in B and Q get bad reviews because it does not always click together properly.

Wondering if that could be the same Egger floor

Sponsored Links
Based on the fact that Egger have a pretty good reputation in the trade for their products, and that there is more than one laminate manufacturer in Germany (just as there is more than, say, one worktop manufacturer here in the UK), how likely is it that they'd be involved in manufacturing a cheaper, sub-par product?

BTW whilst not a floor fitter I know of several German and Swiss manufacturers from having seen them at the trade shows at the NEC over the years, e.g. Krono (the UK associate of that business is better known as Kronospan), then there's Akzenta, Classen, Krono-Swiss, Meyer, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point about Egger. Took a sample of my oak door colour to Homebase but the colour was not right so brought Quipstep from B&Q in the end

Sponsored Links
Update on the Quickstep, I used Quick-step Aquanto and am very pleased with it. I was very nice to cut with no chips (vine tooth handsaw). Where you need to you can tap the length to attach to the short end but the method I used to fit was to attach the short ends and then lay the whole length in one go placing the long length in at an angle, I found that the boards needed gentle tapping and with each tap the angle of the board went lower until it was flat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back