Any suggestions for a good quality / brand of laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

looking for a good quality laminate flooring for my lounge. The beveloc, toughloc and easiloc stuff at B&Q has some terrible reviews. I recently laid a small area of the Tileloc and it was an absolute nightmare due to the click lock system.

I'm finding it difficult to locate T&G laminate, can anyone please suggest anything. I was looking at the uniclick system, which I think is T&G. Am I correct on this?

Any recommendations?

I hope you can help,

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Uniclic is not normal T&G but, as the name says, again a click system (one of the first around even).

Why are you only looking at laminate (plastic) flooring? Is this down to your budget?

Yes budgetary constraints. Looked at engineered, but would need to spend much more per m2. From what I've read and experienced the B&Q click systems are dreadful to lay. It's almost impossible to fit the short edge and long edge into the previously laid row.

You can pay the same if not more for a good quality laminate as an engineered (depending on quality of engeineered - planks are more expensive than a 3-strip).
Look for Quickstep or others using uniclic and also Pergo do a good click system. Balterio and Sensa are good quality but the click system isn't quite as easy to use.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. The way I see it, I could spend my money on a good quality laminate or a poor quality engineered.

Petest67 - Having watched the video on their website, we like the look of the Quickstep system. Do you happen to know if their "perspective" range has a textured feel to it as I can't seem to find out that info.

Any suggestions for stockists in the W London Area?

Thanks

You can get textured and smooth in the Quickstep ranges, along with realistic looking finishes. You get a variety of board sizes as well.
Can't recommend a supplier in west london though its worth going into an independent retailer instead of one of the big "sheds".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back