Eggshell for bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had the bathroom ceiling plastered and now needs painting, however the plasterer told me to use eggshell for the bathroom ceiling?

I always thought eggshell was for wood and metal?

Sponsored Links
You can get acrylic egshell now :idea: but you need a mist coat first . Plus you get condensation on eggshell - I did :cry: . Better off using a trade matt non vinyl for mist and finish .

Sponsored Links
Hi

It is unfortunately common in modern times to use fancy paints from leading brands. I have always used matt paint for the surfaces and it has never been problems with it.

As mentioned before, use a mist coat of cheap matt paint over a new plaster for it to soak the moisture. This will prevent from taking any moist afterwards. Then apply two normal coats of good white matt and simply ventilate the room on a regular basis by opening windows and or doors.

Simple solutions work better and save you a lot of money.

Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back