Elastilon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

has anyone used the Elastilon product ( one side adeshive underlay)

to lay a floor with and if so is any good

iam going to lay a ash parquet floor

Sponsored Links
Yes, is good (but expensive) product: (DPM) sound-insulation and adhesive in one.

What kind of parquet flooring are you putting down?

I have got 18mm ash tongue and groove

iam thinking of getting the 3mm version

i have a fairly new house 4years old with a concrete floor

the floor is ok ish but not as level as it could be

do you reckon i will need to put down normal thicker underlay first

The Elastilon should be able to 'fill' some of the unevenesses, more (completely covering the floor) might make the floor 'bouncy'.

Just to be on the sure: how wide are your boards (T&G?)

It will take a bit of getting used to, this Elastilon, take your time and follow the instructions.

Sponsored Links
Ho, you're talking about blocks, not boards!
If you plan to install a pattern, don't think Elastilon can be used. Have checked their web sites and it always shows normal floorboards (either solid full plank or 3-strip wood-engineered) not parquet.

If you want I can call the manufacturer and see what they say about it (since they and we are Dutch ;)

if you could call them , that would be great

iam thinking of laying them in a brick pattern , with maybe a 2 block wide board running at 90 degrees to the brick pattern ( but this is not essential )

thanks
adam

Just called them. They say it is possible but tricky (cause of the small blocks). Brick pattern might not be so tricky as a herringbone or mosaic pattern. You must remember that you 'release' the adhesive by pulling away the 'protection' sheet/paper and with small blocks this could be the tricky bit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks i will do so

do you reckon it would be a good idea to glue some of the parquet blocks into a brick pattern plank say say 3-4 blocks wide

then install it like a hardwood plank floor

The problem with that would be the many 'joints' that can move while installing the 'plank' on the Elastilon, plus then the 'easy' installing effect of using Elastilon would be lost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back