Elastilon + underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used Elastilon to fix a solid wooden floor onto concrete (30yrs old)? I intend installing underfloor heating and wondered whether anyone has used the cable or matt type with Elastilon?
I was thinking of laying some DPM then heating matt, then Elastilon and wooden floor.
Any comments please
thanks
Dennis :)

Sponsored Links
See the Elastilon website for more details (wood flooring and heating page). Make sure you click on the English flag otherwise you're back here asking for Dutch translations ;)

Personally no experience with the product.

yes it can be used. But you need a good reliable heating system. You cant just turn the heat of either. When certain types of flooring including wooden flooring are installed you need to maintain the heat correct or problems can be caused.

thanks for the replies.
I have decided against the Elastilon and the heating.
However, I've had two guys around for quotes and have heard different stories.
120-130 mm prefinished solid oak:
One wants to glue the T&G and float onto DPM
The other wants to glue to concrete floor without glueing T&G.
Is this just preference of the tradesman or is there a recommended laying method?
really don't know whether I'm coming or going?
Thanks
Dennis

Sponsored Links
Both can be right. Depends on who makes the flooring tho. There are very few manufactories who say to float a solid wood floor in the u.k., america, germany. ( Not familiar with other countrys fitting technic) But there are a couple of manufacturers that are now saying you can lay onto elastilon ( which is floating method) I would always glue the floor myself or use elastilon. Elastilon is a quicker, cheaper and much easier to fit method. I must say im not over convinced with how good the elastilon is yet tho. Have a few test cells set up doing different tests on the stuff at the moment and all seems o.k at present but will be another month until i can say i really recommend the stuff or not.!

mattysupra Have a few test cells set up doing different tests on the stuff at the moment and all seems o.k at present but will be another month until i can say i really recommend the stuff or not.!

4 weeks tomorrow (not quite a month, but I am impatient).

Current thoughts on Elastilon?

Thanks for that.

Anyone know of suppliers bettering £5.99+VAT per m2 for 3mm Strong Elastilon?

Can Elastilon be used with Solid Bamboo Flooring & UF heating? If yes are we supposed to use a membrane under elastilon & what kind of membrane we use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back