electric boiler, pump running 24-7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need help! i have a fusion electric boiler which heats up central heating and hot water. the pump is running all the time even when the programmer is not calling for heat. when i turn off the boiler from the switch on the boiler cover the pump stops, but when i turn back on and call for heat the pump doesn't start, but when i turn the boiler off and on using the 45amp isolater switch, the pump runs continously. also when the two motorised valves are closed, the front panel tells me the flow rate is insufficient. are the two problems related? anyone out there got any advice. x

Sponsored Links
Fusion eh, that's your main problem, what a pile of sh.t they are!!
Mostly the pump was wired from the boiler & if the PCB goes t.ts up, then the whole thing goes wonky.

There was a site in Fife(I think) that had about 12 Fusion boiler go on the blink, so they're far from the best flow-through electric boiler. We fitted about 10 on one site & had various problems with about 3.

If you've also got an unvented HW cylinder in your home, remove it & the Fusion. Fit a Heatwell combi electric boiler, you can even get Scottish Hydro to put you on Total Control tariff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back