new boiler makes pump run 24/7

Sponsored Links
It seems quite a reasonable price. But you say "inc. VAT", is he actually VAT registered and with a VAT number?

In spite of what Namsag says, I will still repeat what I said originally, in my view the installer saying the pump "running 24 hrs is normal" is a cowboy response. Unless special aspects apply any competent installer knows this is NOT normal.

It is not difficult to do things perfectly but you dont rip off customers and you make less money out of the job but you do get job satisfaction ( if thats of any importance to you).

The customer doubts that inhibitor was added. A trusty installer would show the inhibitor to the customer and stick the installed date sticker on the boiler!

Total cost £950........reasonable.

It's dirt cheap and likely to have corners cut.

Sponsored Links
There is a CORGI registered West Indian in Watford who comes into London and fits boilers for only £250 for landlords.

I doubt that he adds inhibitor at this price but I think he does wash out the system water with the mains supply.

The Polish plumbers are very happy to get £100 for fitting boilers. I will also say that they do a very careful and neat job too. Pity they are not CORGI registered though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back