electric combi bolier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had experience with electic combi boliers? (ie Heatrae Sadia Electroheat Range) I live in a second floor flat that currently has storage heating. I would like to install conventinal central heating but I have to get a gas suplly installed, plus I have no easy place to position a gas combi boiler and flu it to an outside wall. The advertising for these units looks attractive, are they comparable in running cost to a gas combi boiler
?

Sponsored Links
It's not a combination boiler, it's just a water heater in the same way that a system boiler or a kettle is. So, you will need all of the components of a conventional setup e.g. hot water cylinder, motorised valve, twin channel programmer etc.

The maximum output is 12kW which is a bit weedy, but I suppose for a flat it would be OK assuming you don't have loads of radiators and a high recovery coil in the HWC.

The output to the heating circuit for the most powerful unit is approximately half that of the smallest combi boiler available.

Running costs are easy enough to calculate as you know how much power it's going to draw and how much each kW costs.

Sponsored Links
Last time I looked, daytime electricity was about 4-5 times the price of gas. Off peak was still double gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back