heatrae sadia amptec,,,anyone know anything about these ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC_0839.JPG DSC_0839.JPG DSC_0841.JPG hello,,,I viewed a property today and it had an electric heating system,,,a heatrae sadia amptec,,,like a long white box with a pressure tank and copper cylinder,,,ive never layed eyes on one of these in my life and was wondering if any of you lads knew anything about them??? are they any good etc??? do they cost a fortune to run compared to a normal gas combi???,,,anyone ???

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cost of a function of heat demand and unit price of electricity.

I've installed a few and can't say I'm impressed, but equally, they have not been any more problematic than any other cheaply produced appliance.

It's just a length of copper tube with a heating element wrapped around it and some hastily cobbled together circuitry to control temperature, pump and safety.

I have carried out a few repairs on them and usually the PCB, they are easily replaced but very expensive, they seem to work Ok just really expensive to run, the installation does not look very good though and a few problems with it, no supposed to solder onto the boiler tails, should only be compression or push fit.
Also I cant see any way the air could get out of the unit , it should have an automatic air vent at the highest point, never directly above the unit though.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back