electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need some help my husband just wire in the electric cooker the wire are fine but as soon as you turn on any switch on the cooker it trips it out

Sponsored Links
Need some history first. Is it a new cooker was old cooker the same fault. Are the wires connected and not touching. Is it wired to a plug or 30amp ring main.

hi ya it 3 years old they is any wire touchling the wire are goging to to the main box on the back with a white plastic cover

Ok , was it tripping before you wired it up why was it disconnected. When you say to goes to box do you mean the ring main.

Sponsored Links
hi no we just got it and my husband wire it in and soon as you tun it on it trips yes it is

So what your saying you just bought a second hand cooker. Did you see it working before. What was wrong with the old cooker.

yes we did see it workling it was fine are old one the top is the only thing that work on the old one

If your sure it was working then it either wired up wrong in the plastic box at the back. Easy way to test is disconnect the wires again make they are not touching then turn power on if it don't trip you have a fault with the cooker.

So cooker is ok you have a fault in the wiring or consumer unit. Time to call in the pro,s.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back