Electric Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am installing an electric extractor fan, which blows good on test. When applied to the "hole", air blows back into the room. There are no blockages, although the steel flexi vent pipe is not straight out. There is plenty of daylight. I have even removed the little plastic "non return" strips from the outside spigot, in case they were sending the air back. Any help would be appreciated.
Eddie

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you either have the fan the wrong way round, or the wires the wrong way round and it's reversed. Double check wiring diagram is best I can offer.

Thanks Dragonrider

I will check both of those options

Eddie

Sponsored Links
Hi dragonrider, Tried both theories. The fan is blowing the right way. It is only when I install it onto the flexi pipe that air blows out. Theonly other poss prob is I have put a 125 / 100 plastic reducer on to the fan (& pipe).
Can' see why this should cause blow back. Hmmmmm ?
Eddie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back