Electric fire keeps blowing bulbs

Sponsored Links
Yeah right! She wouldn't appreciate it to be honest. All she needs is a light.

Just as an update I think I solved the problem. I fitted two halogen candle bulbs which will hopefully last longer.

Sponsored Links
Is the fire fixed in place or can it be moved out of the way when not needed ?. If it is moved then there is the possibility of the filament breaking due to mechanical shock.

My father died in 1997 and it certainly hasn't been moved since that so it must be something else.

My father died in 1997 and it certainly hasn't been moved since that so it must be something else.

Sure your mum isn't cleaning it and as such giving it a good rattle as she tries to get in those corners and probably with a wet rag that drips water into the gubbins of it and then turns it back on only for the bulb to die shortly after?

An old lady I knew had her real coal fire removed and replaced by an electric one with "coal effect". That lasted only a few days as when she felt cold she would start poking the coals to make it burn better and hotter.

No she's 84 and has arthritis so the only cleaning she does is light stuff with a feather duster.

As for poking it she doesn't even have a poker and there is nothing wrong with her mind so that wouldn't happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back